Android 12 beta is now available and still actively developing phase, Google is in the process of adding features and fixing issues. Android 12 beta is now available on devices from additional manufacturers. Visit android.com/beta for details on how to sign up.
What’s new in Android 12 Beta
A new UI for Android – Android 12 brings the biggest design change in Android’s history. We rethought the entire experience, from the colors to the shapes, light, and motion, making Android 12 more expressive, dynamic, and personal.
Redesigned widgets – Along with the design changes in Android 12 we’ve refreshed app widgets to make them more useful, beautiful, and discoverable. We added new interactive controls like checkboxes, switches, and radio buttons and made personalizing widgets easier.
Stretch overscroll – Adding a new system-wide “stretch” overscroll effect to let users know they’ve scrolled past the end of the available content in your UI. The stretch effect provides a natural vertical and horizontal scroll-stop indicator that’s common across all apps, and it’s enabled by default for scrolling containers across the platform and AndroidX.
Smoother audio transitions – UI isn’t just about the visuals. Also improved the way that audio focus is handled. When an app loses audio focus, its audio is automatically faded out, providing a smoother transition between apps that play audio, and preventing apps from playing over each other.
Faster, more efficient system performance – Reduced the CPU time needed for core system services by 22%, so devices will be faster and more responsive. We also improved Android’s power efficiency by reducing the use of big cores by the system server by 15% to help devices run longer before needing to charge.
App hibernation – Launched permissions auto-reset, and over the last two weeks, Android has reset permissions for over 8.5 million apps that weren’t being used – so apps that people have forgotten about can’t still access their data.
Nearby device permissions – Previously, Bluetooth scanning required apps to have location permission, which was a challenge for apps that needed to pair with nearby devices but didn’t actually need the device location.
Approximate location – Better ways to manage access to location, such as through separate permissions for foreground and background access and an “only this time” option. Now for apps targeting Android 12, we’re offering even more control with a new “approximate location” option.
Android 12 Beta for OPPO Find X3 Pro:
OPPO Find X3 Pro rollback
- Find X3 Pro (CPH2173) Taiwan
- Find X3 Pro (CPH2173) Australia
- Find X3 Pro (CPH2173) Singapore
- Find X3 Pro (CPH2173) New Zealand
- Find X3 Pro (CPH2173) Switzerland
- All data will be cleared while flashing the build
- Video call function is not available
- Fingerprint unlock and face unlock are unavailable
- Certain UI screens look less than desirable
- Some apps may not function as expected
- System stability issues
This version is provided by OPPO and is available only for app developers for compatibility tests and early development. Please note that:
1). Compatibility and performance issues have occurred to all devices with this version installed and so this version is not recommended for average users, especially non-developer users.
2). Some apps may not run normally in this version. These apps include but are not limited to Google apps.
3). This preview version for Find X3 Pro can only be manually downloaded.
4). After installing the Android 12 preview version for developers on your phone, all user data will be erased. Make sure your personal data has been backed up before the upgrade.
5). If you roll your version back from Android 12 to Android 11, all user data will be erased. Make sure your data has been backed up before the rollback.
6). This ColorOS developer preview version will be available on OPPO Find X3 Pro, in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Chinese mainland, Taiwan, and Switzerland markets first. The version will be rolled out to other phone models covering more regions when the public beta version is ready.
7). Devices purchased in the corresponding region can only download the upgrade package/downgrade packages of the corresponding region, otherwise, it will be prompted to fail.
Warning – You should understand there is a risk of BRICKING your phone, read the instructions carefully and be 100% sure of what you are doing. Please always backup your important data before flashing.
How To Install Android 12 Beta For OPPO Find X3 Pro
This preview version is integrated with the latest Google Mobile Services (GMS). The stock Android functions that are the same as GMS will be removed from this version.
· Your phone storage will be formatted after you upgrade to this preview version. All your data (including music and images) will be erased. Therefore, back up your data before upgrade.
1). The backup method in ColorOS 11:
Go to “Settings – Additional Settings – Back Up and Reset – Back-Up & Restore” to back up your data.
2). After the backup completes, the backup file is stored in the backup folder under the root directory of your phone storage. Copy this file to your personal computer or any other device for storage.
Note: This upgrade package supports only OPPO Find X3 Pros (only including the following models: CPH2173) equipped with the processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 888. Other models, for example, OPPO Find X3 and Reno series, are not supported by this version.
• How to flash Android 12 Beta For OnePlus 9 Pro
- 1). Download the corresponding upgrade firmware package of the OPPO Android 12 preview version for developers, and copy the package to the root directory of your phone storage.
- 2). Go to Settings -> Software Update -> Click top right icon -> Select installation package -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> Upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
- 3). During the upgrade, DO NOT perform any operation on your phone. After the upgrade is complete, click Restart. Then your phone will run based on OPPO Android 12 preview version for developers.
How Rollback To Android
- Download the Android 11 firmware package and copy it to your phone storage. Find the corresponding package:
- Software update -> Click top right icon -> Select installation package -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> Upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
Please note that we are not providing services to residents of the European Economic Area (EEA). If you are currently residing in the EEA, please do not download this beta version.