Android 12 beta is now available and still actively developing phase, Google is in the process of adding features and fixing issues. Android 12 beta is now available on devices from additional manufacturers. Visit android.com/beta for details on how to sign up.
What’s new in Android 12 Beta
A new UI for Android – Android 12 brings the biggest design change in Android’s history. We rethought the entire experience, from the colors to the shapes, light, and motion, making Android 12 more expressive, dynamic, and personal.
Redesigned widgets – Along with the design changes in Android 12 we’ve refreshed app widgets to make them more useful, beautiful, and discoverable. We added new interactive controls like checkboxes, switches, and radio buttons and made personalizing widgets easier.
Stretch overscroll – Adding a new system-wide “stretch” overscroll effect to let users know they’ve scrolled past the end of the available content in your UI. The stretch effect provides a natural vertical and horizontal scroll-stop indicator that’s common across all apps, and it’s enabled by default for scrolling containers across the platform and AndroidX.
Smoother audio transitions – UI isn’t just about the visuals. Also improved the way that audio focus is handled. When an app loses audio focus, its audio is automatically faded out, providing a smoother transition between apps that play audio, and preventing apps from playing over each other.
Faster, more efficient system performance – Reduced the CPU time needed for core system services by 22%, so devices will be faster and more responsive. We also improved Android’s power efficiency by reducing the use of big cores by the system server by 15% to help devices run longer before needing to charge.
App hibernation – Launched permissions auto-reset, and over the last two weeks, Android has reset permissions for over 8.5 million apps that weren’t being used – so apps that people have forgotten about can’t still access their data.
Nearby device permissions – Previously, Bluetooth scanning required apps to have location permission, which was a challenge for apps that needed to pair with nearby devices but didn’t actually need the device location.
Approximate location – Better ways to manage access to location, such as through separate permissions for foreground and background access and an “only this time” option. Now for apps targeting Android 12, we’re offering even more control with a new “approximate location” option.
Android 12 Beta for TCL 20 Pro 5G:
RollBack TCL 20 Pro 5G
- TCL 20 Pro 5G – EU: T810H-2?LCWE12*, T810H-2?LCGB12*, T810H-2?LCE112*, T810H-2?LCE212*
- TCL 20 Pro 5G
- 1. Cannot set a screen lock.
- 2. Will auto disconnect after pair BT device, so cannot use the Bluetooth function.
- 3. Will popup “Wireless emergency alerts FC” when pressing “Wireless emergency alerts” in the “Safety & emergency” screen.
- 4. Wi-Fi cannot connect to VPN AP.
- 5. “Tap to wake” function cannot work.
- 6. Network may register to 3G default, and after select LTE network mode, it can register to 4G. 5G is unavailable.
- 7. Sometimes cannot display thumbnail after capture.
- 8. Cannot display thumbnail after record video and cannot view record video，photos not display videos.
- 9. Will display no network icon after turn off mobile data.
- 10. The Brightness level displays 0% as default, and after display abnormal when the user adjusts it.
How To Install Android 12 Beta For TCL 20 Pro 5G
How to flash Android 12 Beta For TCL 20 Pro 5G
Before the upgrade, please prepare the following tools
- TPST_Frame setup V1.8.0.msi
Install USB Driver
(1) Download, Unzip and open the Driver : Android_USB_Driver_Q_22.214.171.124_2016_04_01_All_in_One_Setup.rar: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BvhOiiKwJf5MXHyHl2YIK5jvHXRMvpjb/view?usp=sharing
2.2 Install TPST
(1) download the TPST_Frame setup V1.8.0.msi to local:
(2 )Open the TPST_Frame setup V1.8. 0.msi and operates as follows:
(3) All the installation files and logs are recorded in the path C:\Program Files (x86)\TCT\TPST\Tool.
2.3 Install model
(1) Open the T810_Model_DLL_Setup_v0.0.3.msi:
(2 )Operates as follows:
(3) All the T810 model information are stored in the path C:\Program Files (x86)\TCT\TPST\Model\T810
3. Steps to Flash Software
3.1 Run TPST
(1) Click the windows “Start” button to enter the start menu, and then find the TPST shortcut as below figure, or open the TPST on the desktop screen.
(2) Click the “Load ” menu and select the mode T810 to load it, ex Figure1
Refurbish the software ( Refurbish function will erase user data)
- Power off the device. Switch to Download mode(made Device in power-off status, long press Vol + and Vol – at the same time and plug the USB cable, when See warning screen, loose Vol- to switch to download mode) Tool will detect the COM port.
- Click the “Refurbish” button in the TPST tool to enter the feature. Then click the “Browse” button, it will pop up a window, you can select an SW file to download.
- In the “Select Software image file” screen, you can view catalog items on the left, click the file you want to download, then click the “OK” button, the file will be selected.
- Select “XML LOG”, it can print a log file when you flash the software. Click “Browse” You can select a new XML log directory to save it.
- (5)Click the “Start Refurbish” button
- (6)Wait a few minutes, you can see as follows, Download success.
How Rollback To Android 11
Please follow the instructions above to opt-out, after downloading the stable ROM