Android 12 beta is now available and still actively developing phase, Google is in the process of adding features and fixing issues. Android 12 beta is now available on devices from additional manufacturers. Visit android.com/beta for details on how to sign up.
What’s new in Android 12 Beta
A new UI for Android – Android 12 brings the biggest design change in Android’s history. We rethought the entire experience, from the colors to the shapes, light, and motion, making Android 12 more expressive, dynamic, and personal.
Redesigned widgets – Along with the design changes in Android 12 we’ve refreshed app widgets to make them more useful, beautiful, and discoverable. We added new interactive controls like checkboxes, switches, and radio buttons and made personalizing widgets easier.
Stretch overscroll – Adding a new system-wide “stretch” overscroll effect to let users know they’ve scrolled past the end of the available content in your UI. The stretch effect provides a natural vertical and horizontal scroll-stop indicator that’s common across all apps, and it’s enabled by default for scrolling containers across the platform and AndroidX.
Smoother audio transitions – UI isn’t just about the visuals. Also improved the way that audio focus is handled. When an app loses audio focus, its audio is automatically faded out, providing a smoother transition between apps that play audio, and preventing apps from playing over each other.
Faster, more efficient system performance – Reduced the CPU time needed for core system services by 22%, so devices will be faster and more responsive. We also improved Android’s power efficiency by reducing the use of big cores by the system server by 15% to help devices run longer before needing to charge.
App hibernation – Launched permissions auto-reset, and over the last two weeks, Android has reset permissions for over 8.5 million apps that weren’t being used – so apps that people have forgotten about can’t still access their data.
Nearby device permissions – Previously, Bluetooth scanning required apps to have location permission, which was a challenge for apps that needed to pair with nearby devices but didn’t actually need the device location.
Approximate location – Better ways to manage access to location, such as through separate permissions for foreground and background access and an “only this time” option. Now for apps targeting Android 12, we’re offering even more control with a new “approximate location” option.
Android 12 Beta for Vivo iQOO 7 Legend:
- Vivo iQOO 7 Legend – checksum – 1ebbc68a26b9abe95f55aedb260c2305
Rollback Vivo iQOO 7 Legend
- Vivo iQOO 7 Legend – checksum – 8172e09611a97ac75b795250d3c2951a
- l Cannot set in-display fingerprint lock (no fingerprint input screen in Settings)
- l Cannot set face unlock (no action in Settings after capturing face image)
- l Google search widget failed to load
- l Slide down with three fingers to take a screenshot cannot use
- l iQOO Cloud cannot log in
- l The screen brightness may become dimmed probabilistically
- l Some functions of the Settings, Theme app may not be available
How To Install Android 12 Beta For Vivo iQOO 7 Legend
How to flash Android 12 Beta For Vivo iQOO 7 Legend
- Download the iQOO 7 Legend Developer Preview firmware package
- Switch the phone’s USB Settings to file transfer mode after the device is connected to the computer，Copy the firmware package to the root directory of Vivo iQOO 7 Legend storage;
- Click on the Settings->System update->Local Upgrade, you can find the software package, then select “Update now” when prompted;
- Wait for the upgrade to be completed.
How Rollback Vivo iQOO 7 Legend To Android 11
If you want to revert to standard commercial firmware after upgrading to an Android 12 Beta version, download and upgrade with the following firmware package. The upgrade procedure is the same as before.