If you own a smart android device and you need to flash in the official ROM(firmware). With the official ROM, you can get OTA Updates and another benefit the device manufacturing is giving to their users.
Before you start to flash the stock ROM, please make sure you make a backup of the previous ROM. A charged battery is required to be the process. We will not be responsible if anything goes wrong, Good luck.
Why you need the Coolpad PST Tool.
- Downgrade or Upgrade your phone
- Unbrick any smartphone.
- Unroot any phone.
- Fix Issues on your smartphone.
Requirements to flash your smartphone with Coolpad PST Tool.
- A working detectable USB Cord.
- The firmware you want to flash.
- A Windows PC.
- A Good Battery Backup
- USB Driver
- Download Tool
How to Flash your smartphone firmware using Coolpad PST Tool.
Install .cpb firmware (ROM) using the Coolpad PST Tool
- Download and install the Coolpad Drivers on the Computer. If in case Drivers are already installed, then SKIP this step.
- Download Stock Firmware (.cpb based) of your Mobile Device (if in case you have already downloaded the Stock Firmware.
- Now, Extract Coolpad PST Tool on the computer (assuming you have already downloaded it; if not then Download Coolpad PST Tool). Once you have extracted the tool, you will be able to see the following files:
- Open Coolpad_PST_Setup.exe to Launch the installation window:
- Complete the installation process on the computer (by clicking on the Next button 3-4 times):
- Once the PST Tool is installed, Launch it (you can launch the tool from Start Menu or from C:\Program Files (x86)\Coolpad PST folder):
- Once the PST Tool is launched, you will be able to see the following screen:
- Click on the Select File Button:
- Locate the .cpb firmware on the computer (assuming you have already downloaded the firmware of your device on the computer) and click on Open Button:
- Now, PST Tool will verify the .cpb firmware, and post verification it will display an OK message.
- Connect your Mobile device to the computer using the USB Cable (Power Off the Device > Press and Hold Volume Down key and plug in the USB line, don’t release the volume down key until the phone enters into the fastboot mode):
- Once the PST Tool detects your device, you will be able to see the Green Tick button:
- Click on the Start button to begin the flashing or installation process:
- Flashing or installation process may take a couple of minutes to complete:
- Once the flashing process is completed, you will see the Success message on the tool.
Congratulation! Now, Close the PST Tool and disconnect the device from the computer and restart it.
If the Smartphone Flash Tool didn’t detect your smartphone, you might need to press the volume down or up button but do not power your phone. If you don’t install all the necessary drivers, you may experience issues detecting your phone with the PC.
There are many problems you might experience while trying to flash your smartphone with Lenovo Downloader Tool, you can google them and will definitely find a solution.