If you own a smart android device and you need to flash in the official ROM(firmware). With the official ROM, you can get OTA Updates and another benefit the device manufacturing is giving to their users.
Before you start to flash the stock ROM, please make sure you make a backup of the previous ROM. A charged battery is required to be the process. We will not be responsible if anything goes wrong, Good luck.
Why you need the Download Firmware utility (DFU).
- Downgrade or Upgrade your phone
- Unbrick any smartphone.
- Unroot any phone.
- Fix Issues on your smartphone.
Requirements to flash your smartphone with Download Firmware utility (DFU).
- A working detectable USB Cord.
- The firmware you want to flash.
- A Windows PC.
- A Good Battery Backup
- USB Driver
- Download Tool
How to Flash your smartphone firmware using Download Firmware utility (DFU).
Install .img Stock ROM using Broadcom Download Firmware utility (DFU)
- Download and install the Broadcom USB Driver for your device on your Windows Computer. If case USB drivers are already installed on the computer, then SKIP this step.
- Download and extract the Broadcom Download Firmware utility (DFU) tool on your computer. After Extracting you will be able to see the following files:
- Power Off your Android Device.
- Download the Stock ROM that you want to Flash on your Android Device and extract it on your computer
- open dfu.exe (you have extracted this file in Step#2) on Your Computer.
- Once Broadcom Download Firmware utility (DFU) is launched, Click on the Browse Button from the Top Right and locate the firmware folder.
- Once you have successfully located the DFU compatible firmware folder then it will be automatically seen in the Broadcom Download Firmware utility (DFU) tool.
- Once Firmware is added successfully in the DFU tool, then Tap on the Download Menu.
- Click on the Start button to begin the flashing.
- connect your Broadcom Chipset-based Android Smartphone to the computer (make sure it is in Power Off).
- After connecting your device to the computer, Press the Volume UP or Down Button on your Device so that the Broadcom Download Firmware utility (DFU) can detect it.
- Once Broadcom Download Firmware utility (DFU) will detect your device, the Flashing process will begin automatically.
- Once Flashing is completed, a Finish message will appear.
- close Broadcom Download Firmware utility application and disconnect your Android Device from the computer.
- Congratulations, Now your Android Device is successfully running the Stock ROM you have Downloaded.
Congratulations! Now Exit the Flash Tool and disconnect the device from your computer.
If the Smartphone Flash Tool didn’t detect your smartphone, you might need to press the volume down or up button but do not power your phone. If you don’t install all the necessary drivers, you may experience issues detecting your phone with the PC.