If you own a smart android device and you need to flash in the official ROM(firmware). With the official ROM, you can get OTA Updates and another benefit the device manufacturing is giving to their users.
Before you start to flash the stock ROM, please make sure you make a back up of the previous ROM. A charged battery is required to be the process. We will not be responsible if anything goes wrong, Good luck.
Why you need the MTK Flash Tool.
- Downgrade or Upgrade your phone
You can use the MTK Flash Tool to flash Stock ROM to downgrade your smartphone or upgrade your phone to Android KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat, Oreo, or later. It depends on the release of the firmware or your choice if the option is available.
- Unbrick any smartphone.
Like we said before, you can use MTK Flash Tool to completely unbrick any bricked smartphone. Smartphones can be bricked in the process of rooting or flashing a custom firmware or rom or recovery.
- Unroot any phone.
You can also use your smartphone stock firmware to completely unroot any smartphone. You also can regain your warranty by properly flashing the official stock firmware. It can be done by reverting back to the official stock firmware of your phone if your smartphone has tampered.
- Fix Issues on your smartphone.
Your smartphone might develop an issue that might be unknown to it you, if it a software-related issue, you can restore and fix it by flashing the stock firmware for your smartphone. Today, we are presenting all the Official Firmware, both Official releases and updates following it. You can download all your smartphone Firmware here. If you experience any problem with any of the files, don’t hesitate to tell us.
Requirements to flash your smartphone with MTK Flash Tool.
- A working detectable USB Cord.
- The firmware you want to flash.
- A Windows PC.
- A Good Battery Backup
- VCOM Drivers
- MTK Flash Tool
How to Flash your smartphone firmware using MTK Flash Tool.
- Download and install VCOM USB Driver on your computer (in case VCOM USB Driver is already installed on the Computer then SKIP this step).
- Download and Extract MTK Flash Tool on your Computer. Once the MTK Tool is extracted on the computer, you will be able to see the following files:
- Now, Open Flash_tool.exe to Launch the Tool.
- Once MTK Flash Tool is launched, you will be able to see the following window:
- Now, Click on Scatter/Config Button and Locate the .cfg or .txt file from the Firmware Folder (assuming you have already downloaded the Stock Firmware of your Mediatek Device).
- Now, Connect your Mediatek Feature Phone to the Computer (make sure the device is power Off).
- Now, Click on Download Button to Begin the Flashing Process.
- Once Flashing Process is completed, you will be able to see Green Ring at the End.
Congratulations! Flashing is completed. Now, disconnect the device from the computer and restart it.
If the Smartphone Flash Tool didn’t detect your smartphone, you might need to press the volume down or up button but do not power your phone. If you don’t install all the necessary drivers, you may experience issues detecting your phone with the PC.
There are many problems you might experience while trying to flash your smartphone with SP Flash Tool, you can google them and will definitely find a solution.