If you own a smart android device and you need to flash in the official ROM(firmware). With the official ROM, you can get OTA Updates and another benefit the device manufacturing is giving to their users.
Before you start to flash the stock ROM, please make sure you make a back up of the previous ROM. A charged battery is required to be the process. We will not be responsible if anything goes wrong, Good luck.
Why you need the OST Tool.
- Downgrade or Upgrade your phone
You can use the OST Tool to flash Stock ROM to downgrade your smartphone or upgrade your phone to Android KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat, Oreo, or later. It depends on the release of the firmware or your choice if the option is available.
- Unbrick any smartphone.
Like we said before, you can use OST Tool to completely unbrick any bricked smartphone. Smartphones can be bricked in the process of rooting or flashing a custom firmware or rom or recovery.
- Unroot any phone.
You can also use your smartphone stock firmware to completely unroot any smartphone. You also can regain your warranty by properly flashing the official stock firmware. It can be done by reverting back to the official stock firmware of your phone if your smartphone has tampered.
- Fix Issues on your smartphone.
Your smartphone might develop an issue that might be unknown to it you, if it a software-related issue, you can restore and fix it by flashing the stock firmware for your smartphone. Today, we are presenting all the Official Firmware, both Official releases and updates following it. You can download all your smartphone Firmware here. If you experience any problem with any of the files, don’t hesitate to tell us.
Requirements to flash your smartphone with OST Tool.
- A working detectable USB Cord.
- The firmware you want to flash.
- A Windows PC.
- A Good Battery Backup
- OST Tool
How to Flash your smartphone firmware using OST Tool.
- Download Stock Firmware (ROM) of your Nokia Device
- Now, Extract OST Tool on your Computer (assuming you have already downloaded the tool; if not then Download OST Tool). Once you have extracted the tool, you will be able to see the following files:
- Open Launcher.exe to begin the installation process.
- Now, Click on Next Button:
- Again, click on Next Button to Confirm the Installation:
- Click on Close Button, to Exit the Setup.
- Now, Copy OnlineUpdateTool.exe:
- Paste it to the OST Installation Folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\OST LA):
- Click on Replace to Confirm:
- Open OST Tool (you can open it through the Start Menu Shortcut or directly from the C:\Program Files (x86)\OST LA Folder).
- Once OST Tool is launched, you will be able to See the Following Screen:
- Now, Click on the Next Button:
- Click on the Browse Button and Locate the Stock Firmware of your Device (which you have downloaded in Step#1):
- Click on Update Option Menu there you will see multiple options. The Normal Download will help you to install Stock Firmware on Working Device (without wiping personal data) and the Emergency Download option helps you to install the firmware on Dead Device (will wipe personal data).
Since we are using a dead phone, therefore, We have Selected the Emergency Download Option:
- Now, Connect your Nokia Device to the Computer (make sure the device is Power Off):
- Click on the Next Button:
- Now, OST will begin the installation process (which may take a couple minutes to complete):
- Once the installation process is completed, you will be able to see the Download is Succeed Message at the End.
- Now, Close the OST Tool by Clicking on the Finish Button and Disconnect your Device from the computer.
Congratulation! Now, Restart your Mobile Device, and you’re ready to use it.
If the Smartphone Flash Tool didn’t detect your smartphone, you might need to press the volume down or up button but do not power your phone. If you don’t install all the necessary drivers, you may experience issues detecting your phone with the PC.
There are many problems you might experience while trying to flash your smartphone with OST Tool, you can google them and will definitely find a solution.