Towelroot by Geohot is one of the most popular one-click rooting app available for Android platforms. It is compatible with Android Gingerbread and above so that it can harness the power to get one-click root access. The latest versions ie, v3 or v5 or later support many devices and also brings the unrooting feature to the table. A
Though there are many root apps that you can use to root Android phones, Towelroot is absolutely different from what other apps have to offer. Let’s dive deep and see how awesome the Towelroot App is and how you can Towelroot Android Phones.
All by installing the APK and pressing a button. The most important and amazing feature of this tool is that it doesn’t require you a PC to root your android. So, this is a standalone app that can function independently and root your android device in one click. Towelroot supports a wide range of android devices available on the market, so it is most likely to get your device rooted, even if your device is not one of the common android devices.
Unfortunately, the towelroot is not available in the Google play store you have to download the .apk file and sideload it on your mobile. Make sure you download the latest version from the link below. There are many fake builds with harmful virus and adware, it does more harm than good to your smartphone.
According to Wikipedia, Rooting is the process of allowing users of smartphones, tablets, and other devices running the Android mobile operating system to attain privileged control (known as root access) over various Android subsystems. As Android uses the Linux kernel, rooting an Android device gives similar access to administrative (superuser) permissions as on Linux or any other Unix-like operating system such as FreeBSD or macOS.
- Roots most of the smartphone
One of the least favorite features of the rooting applications is its compatibility, but here towelroot nails it down. It supports most of the smartphone brand with model adding each month. Make sure you download the latest version of the application, or else it may not work as expected.
- No PC required
Another caveat of using the root applications is that it requires you to connect your mobile with the computer tinker around with the developer, OTG options, and others. Towelroot cust the middle man and does the job by itself, you need to dangle with the cable anymore.
- One-Click Root
Does it need any explanation? It is self-explanatory. Your smartphone’s root access is just a click away, all you need to do is press the “root” button and wait. Towel root does everything on behalf of you and reboots the device with root access.
- Android compatibility
Running Android KitKat? or Oreo? don’t worry this application got everything sorted. If your device is running anything above the KitKat is compatible with towelroot.
Towelroot always plays a significant role when it comes to rooting your device. Also, you can easily target the app for non-rooting your phone by just tapping a single click. All you need is the Android devices to root or non-root.
As per the above instructions followed by the user, he/she must be following the security settings of the Android devices. And then click the unknown sources from enabling to disable. By following this instruction, you will be able to download all the apps and games from out of the Google Play Store.
Advantages of Rooting
- Run special apps (Apps that are not compatible with the Android OS version).
- Free up Memory (Gain free space by clearing all the system data by rooting).
- Create custom ROMs (You can Create several ROMs and help improve the functionality of Apps and Devices).
Disadvantages of Rooting
- Compromises the Phone’s Warranty (Once you root your Android phone, forget about the warranty That’s it!).
- Performance issues (A lot of users who have very little knowledge on rooting might fall into a situation where the phone is not properly rooted in which case, it can neither work properly nor has a warranty to get it checked). Basically a DEAD Phone.
- Vulnerability (Gaining root access will compromise all the security measures put forth by the device to protect from viruses and Malware, meaning, there is a high chance of Virus and Malware attacks).
- Installing the apk of any Android app is almost the same if you don’t know there are some of the important steps to be followed before using the application. Follow the information below to install the app,
How To Download and Install Towelroot on your Android Device
- First of all, download towelroot apk
- Before downloading the app, you must know whether your device has enough memory to download and install or not.
- Then open Settings >> Security >> Enable or check the installation from “Unknown Sources”.
- Then open the downloaded .apk file which will be located in the Downloads folder.
- Tap Install.
- Open when the app is installed.
You have installed towelroot apk on android phone, now it’s the time for some cool action.
Steps On How To Root To Root Android Phone With Towelroot
- Download the Towelroot apk
- Open the application by clicking its icon in the app drawer.
- Then tap on “make it ra1n” button.
- Within a few seconds, you’ll get the confirmation.
- If your phone reboots, which means your device isn’t compatible with the application.
Your device is not compatible with Towelroot
This is a scenario where the version of the Towelroot APK doesn’t support the version of your Android OS or the Phone itself. But there’s a solution to this as well! Follow the below procedure to root any Android phone with Towelroot using Mod Strings.
Step 1: Open Towelroot app on your phone (If you see “Your device is not compatible with the App“, go to the next step else please follow the above procedure).
Step 2: Click on the welcome screen three times consecutively.
Step 3: You should see an input box pop-up after the three taps. Use the box to enter MOD Strings given below.
1337 0 1 0 4 0
1337 0 1 7380 4 0
1337 0 1 0 4 1
Step 4: After entering the MOD Strings, go ahead and click on “Make it Ra1n”. This should root the phone even if your device is not compatible with Towelroot.
Devices Supported by Towelroot
Almost all the devices are supported by Towelroot. But the following devices are the most rooted Android phones with Towelroot APK.
- Galaxy S5 – AT&T & Verizon
- Galaxy S3, S4 Active
- Nexus 5
- Galaxy Note 3 – AT&T & Verizon
- Devices released before June 3rd
- Samsung ( Galaxy Series, M Series, and others)