Because of various factors, the Poco smartphone series acquired popularity in a shorter time. The big figures at a reasonable cost are one of the causes. Poco F3 GT features outstanding specs and is one of its latest phones. You may also unlock the bootloader and root your phone because it is a Xiaomi phone. And this is the advice you need when you think about the same thing. Here you may find a Poco F3 GT root and unlock the Poco F3 GT bootloader.
Poco F3 GT Specs
The Poco F3 GT is a successor to the original Poco F1 and focuses on delivering performance. The Poco F3 GT has a premium build quality, it has a metal frame and a glass back. This metal frame has “maglev” trigger buttons which can be engaged by sliders on the side.
You get a big 6.67-inch AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate. It has support for HDR10+ and can reach a touch sampling rate of 480Hz while in-game turbo mode. Poco has picked the Dimensity 1200 SoC to power the F3 GT and has paired it with 6GB and 8GB of RAM. You do get 128GB and 256GB storage options with this device.
Poco has managed to pack in a 5,065mAh battery and had bundled a 67W fast charger in the box. The phone can go beyond a day and a half on a single charge and did manage to score well in our HD video loop test. The supplied charger too was quick to top the big battery off very quickly.
How to Root Poco F3 GT
As Poco F3 GT is a phone from Xiaomi you can easily unlock the bootloader of the device with the same process. And this means you can also root your Poco F3 GT. Rooting is still a good choice if you want a whole lot of new features and don’t mind the unlocked bootloader. Some of the basic features of root include custom fonts, custom boot animation, and third-party themes. As you know rooting requires an unlocked bootloader, so let’s first check the guide to unlock the bootloader of the Poco F3 GT.
Unlock Bootloader of Poco F3 GT
As you know Android phones come with a locked bootloader, which restricts users from rooting or installing custom ROM. But luckily Xiaomi allows users to unlock the bootloader without much effort. So let’s find out how to unlock the bootloader of the Poco F3 GT.
- Take a full backup of your Poco F3 GT as this guide will delete all the data.
- Download the Mi Unlock Tool on your PC. Also, install ADB & Fastboot Drivers on your PC.
- Now open Settings on your phone and login to Mi Account and wait for at least 7 days. And if already logged in for more than 7 days, then skip this step. You can even try without waiting.
- Head over to Settings > Mi Account > Mi Cloud and enable ‘Sync’ & ‘Find Device’. Also, Sync all App data at least once.
- Now to enable developer options, go to About Phone and tap 7-8 times on the MIUI version, and it will display ‘You are now a developer.’
- Then go to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options to open Developer Options.
- In developer options, enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging.
- Connect your device to the active internet connection with the same number that you used in the Mi account. And then, go to Mi Unlock Status (in developer options) and link your Mi Account.
- Now boot your Poco F3 GT into Fastboot mode. Turn off your phone and then press & hold Volume Down + Power button together and release buttons when the Mi Bunny image shows up on the phone.
- Connect your PC to an active Internet connection. Then open the Mi Unlock Tool and sign in with the same Mi account that you are using on your Poco F3 GT.
- It will detect your phone and then click on the ‘Unlock Now’ button.
- It will start unlocking the bootloader of Xiaomi Poco F3 GT, and this will erase all the data.
Note: If the tool stops at 99%, then wait for a few days and try again with the same method.
After unlocking the bootloader, you can verify from the Developer Options. And once you find the OEM Unlocking is enabled by default, you are just a few steps away from rooting your Poco F3 GT. Before you move to the steps, make sure to check out the requirements section.
- Make sure to unlock the Bootloader of the Poco F3 GT
- Take a full backup of data to restore if anything goes wrong
- Download Magisk APK
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver on PC (You can also use Platform-tools)
- Download Poco F3 GT firmware (the same version which is installed)
Steps to Root Poco F3 GT
- Copy the downloaded Magisk apk on your phone and install it.
- Extract the boot.img from the downloaded Firmware on your PC. Copy the boot.img to your phone storage.
- Open the Magisk app and click on the first Install.
- In the next screen, choose ‘Select and Patch a File.’
- It will take you to file storage, select the boot.img file. It will start patching the file and wait for the patching process.
- You will find the patched file in the Download folder with the name magisk_patched.img.
- Then copy the patched file to your computer at location C:\adb (or Platform-tools folder). And rename the file to boot.img.
- Power off your Xiaomi Poco F3 GT and boot into Fastboot mode (use the guide given in unlock bootloader). Connect your phone to the computer when it is in Fastboot mode.
- Go to the C:\adb folder (or Platform-tools) and change the address to CMD and press enter to open Command Window.
- Enter the below commands on your Command/PowerShell window to check if it is connected, it should return id.
- Once it is connected, enter the below command to root Poco F3 GT.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing the patched boot file, Reboot your phone into the system using the below command.
- When the device boots into the system, open the Magisk app and follow the in-app instructions.
- That’s all, now your Poco F3 GT is successfully rooted.
You can check for root access on any third-party root checker apps. And once you have root access on Poco F3 GT, you can enjoy all the features and apps that ask for root privilege. You can also enjoy various Xposed Modules on your phone. Check here to install Xposed Framework on your phone that will allow you to use modules.