Because of various factors, the Poco smartphone series acquired popularity in a shorter time. The big figures at a reasonable cost are one of the causes. Poco X3 GT features outstanding specs and is one of its latest phones. You may also unlock the bootloader and root your phone because it is a Xiaomi phone. And this is the advice you need when you think about the same thing. Here you may find a Poco X3 GT root and unlock the Poco X3 GT bootloader.
Poco X3 GT Specs
Poco X3 GT is an upcoming mobile by Poco. The phone comes with a 6.60-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080×2400 pixels. Poco X3 GT is expected to be powered by an octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 1100 processor and come with 8GB of RAM. The Poco X3 GT runs Android 11 and is expected to be powered by a 5000mAh battery. The Poco X3 GT supports proprietary fast charging.
The Poco X3 GT pack a triple camera setup featuring a 64-megapixel primary camera with an f/1.79 aperture; an 8-megapixel camera with an f/2.2 aperture, and a 2-megapixel camera with an f/2.4 aperture. The rear camera setup has autofocus. It sports a single camera setup for selfies, a 16-megapixel primary camera with an f/2.45 aperture.
The Poco X3 GT runs MIUI 12.5 is based on Android 11 and packs 128GB of inbuilt storage. The Poco X3 GT is tipped to be a dual-SIM (GSM and GSM) mobile that will accept Nano-SIM and Nano-SIM cards. The Poco X3 GT is said to measure 163.30 x 75.90 x 8.90mm (height x width x thickness) and weighs 193.00 grams. It is said to launch in Cloud White, Stargaze Black, and Wave Blue colors.
How to Root Poco X3 GT
As Poco X3 GT is a phone from Xiaomi you can easily unlock the bootloader of the device with the same process. And this means you can also root your Poco X3 GT. Rooting is still a good choice if you want a whole lot of new features and don’t mind the unlocked bootloader. Some of the basic features of root include custom fonts, custom boot animation, and third-party themes. As you know rooting requires an unlocked bootloader, so let’s first check the guide to unlock the bootloader of the Poco X3 GT.
Unlock Bootloader of Poco X3 GT
As you know Android phones come with a locked bootloader, which restricts users from rooting or installing custom ROM. But luckily Xiaomi allows users to unlock the bootloader without much effort. So let’s find out how to unlock the bootloader of the Poco X3 GT.
- Take a full backup of your Poco X3 GT as this guide will delete all the data.
- Download the Mi Unlock Tool on your PC. Also, install ADB & Fastboot Drivers on your PC.
- Now open Settings on your phone and login to Mi Account and wait for at least 7 days. And if already logged in for more than 7 days, then skip this step. You can even try without waiting.
- Head over to Settings > Mi Account > Mi Cloud and enable ‘Sync’ & ‘Find Device’. Also, Sync all App data at least once.
- Now to enable developer options, go to About Phone and tap 7-8 times on the MIUI version, and it will display ‘You are now a developer.’
- Then go to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options to open Developer Options.
- In developer options, enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging.
- Connect your device to the active internet connection with the same number that you used in the Mi account. And then, go to Mi Unlock Status (in developer options) and link your Mi Account.
- Now boot your Poco X3 GT into Fastboot mode. Turn off your phone and then press & hold Volume Down + Power button together and release buttons when the Mi Bunny image shows up on the phone.
- Connect your PC to an active Internet connection. Then open the Mi Unlock Tool and sign in with the same Mi account that you are using on your Poco X3 GT.
- It will detect your phone and then click on the ‘Unlock Now’ button.
- It will start unlocking the bootloader of Xiaomi Poco X3 GT, and this will erase all the data.
Note: If the tool stops at 99%, then wait for a few days and try again with the same method.
After unlocking the bootloader, you can verify from the Developer Options. And once you find the OEM Unlocking is enabled by default, you are just a few steps away from rooting your Poco X3 GT. Before you move to the steps, make sure to check out the requirements section.
- Make sure to unlock the Bootloader of the Poco X3 GT
- Take a full backup of data to restore if anything goes wrong
- Download Magisk APK
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver on PC (You can also use Platform-tools)
- Download Poco X3 GT firmware (the same version which is installed)
Steps to Root Poco X3 GT
- Copy the downloaded Magisk apk on your phone and install it.
- Extract the boot.img from the downloaded Firmware on your PC. Copy the boot.img to your phone storage.
- Open the Magisk app and click on the first Install.
- In the next screen, choose ‘Select and Patch a File.’
- It will take you to file storage, select the boot.img file. It will start patching the file and wait for the patching process.
- You will find the patched file in the Download folder with the name magisk_patched.img.
- Then copy the patched file to your computer at location C:\adb (or Platform-tools folder). And rename the file to boot.img.
- Power off your Xiaomi Poco X3 GT and boot into Fastboot mode (use the guide given in unlock bootloader). Connect your phone to the computer when it is in Fastboot mode.
- Go to the C:\adb folder (or Platform-tools) and change the address to CMD and press enter to open Command Window.
- Enter the below commands on your Command/PowerShell window to check if it is connected, it should return id.
- Once it is connected, enter the below command to root Poco X3 GT.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing the patched boot file, Reboot your phone into the system using the below command.
- When the device boots into the system, open the Magisk app and follow the in-app instructions.
- That’s all, now your Poco X3 GT is successfully rooted.
You can check for root access on any third-party root checker apps. And once you have root access on Poco X3 GT, you can enjoy all the features and apps that ask for root privilege. You can also enjoy various Xposed Modules on your phone. Check here to install Xposed Framework on your phone that will allow you to use modules.