Xiaomi began rolling out the MIUI 12-based Android 11 upgrade for the Poco F2 Pro in November 2020. The business has recently launched its latest MIUI 12.5 version for a variety of Xiaomi phones. It’s now time for the Poco F2 Pro: owners of the Poco F2 Pro may now update to MIUI 12.5. The update includes a host of new features, enhancements, and repairs. More information regarding the Poco F2 Pro MIUI 12.5 Update can be found here.
The newest update is written with the build number 22.214.171.124.RJKMIXM, and because it is a large update, it may take a large amount of bandwidth to download the over-the-air patch. One of the most appealing features of this OTA is that it is accessible for worldwide stable updates. MIUI 12.5 is expected to be released in the coming days for both Xiaomi and its sub-brand, Poco. Along with the MIUI 12.5 upgrade, the Poco F2 Pro receives the June 2021 monthly security patch.
Among other things, the upgrade increases gesture responsiveness, 20x quicker rendering, and location information available in the Xiaomi cloud app. It also includes improvements to the Notes app, including new doodling and drawing tools, dynamic layouts, gesture shortcuts, and more. Aside from that, Xiaomi addressed the lock screen notification, notification flash, and floating notification display issues. Before upgrading your device, you can see the entire changelog here.
Poco F2 Pro Specs
Poco F2 Pro smartphone was launched on 12th May 2020. The phone comes with a 6.67-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080×2400 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. Poco F2 Pro is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor. It comes with 6GB of RAM. The Poco F2 Pro runs Android 10 and is powered by a 4700mAh non-removable battery. The Poco F2 Pro supports proprietary fast charging.
The Poco F2 Pro on the rear packs a 64-megapixel primary camera; a 13-megapixel camera; a 5-megapixel camera, and a 2-megapixel camera. The rear camera setup has autofocus. It sports a 20-megapixel camera on the front for selfies.
The Poco F2 Pro runs MIUI 11 is based on Android 10 and packs 128GB of inbuilt storage. The Poco F2 Pro is a dual-SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone that accepts Nano-SIM and Nano-SIM cards. The Poco F2 Pro measures 163.30 x 75.40 x 8.90mm (height x width x thickness) and weighs 218.00 grams. It was launched in Cyber Grey, Electric Purple, Neon Blue, and Phantom White colors.
Connectivity options on the Poco F2 Pro include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, Bluetooth v5.10, NFC, USB Type-C, 3G, and 4G with active 4G on both SIM cards. Sensors on the phone include an accelerometer, ambient light sensor, compass/ magnetometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and in-display fingerprint sensor. The Poco F2 Pro supports face unlock.
How To Get Poco F2 Pro MIUI 12.5 Update
MIUI 12.5 Global Stable is now officially available for the Poco F2 Pro. The upgrade is obviously based on Android 11. OTAs published by Xiaomi often take some time to reach all phones, however, users may manually sideload the update on their smartphones.
Before you begin the process of upgrading your smartphone, I recommend making a backup and charging it to at least 30%.
MIUI 12.5 Update for Poco F2 Pro – Changelog
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- Stable MIUI based on Android 11
- Updated Android Security Patch to June 2021. Increased system security.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- All-new Notes.
- New: Location info can be now reported automatically before the device is powered off
Status bar, Notification Shade
- Fix: Lock screen notification animations froze after the device was unlocked using face data
- Fix: Notifications flashed in some cases
- Fix: Floating notifications weren’t displayed correctly in landscape mode
- Fix: Notification badges weren’t updated for incoming notifications on a locked device