MIUI 12.5 stable upgrades (through Twitter tipster Ankit) based on Android 11 have been launched by Poco M2 units in Indian. The upgrade has the V188.8.131.52.RJRINXM build number and weighs 2.1GB.
The new features of the 12.5 and Android 11 custom user interfaces are added. The changelog features a lighter, quicker, and more durable MIUI increased system safety, and a redesigned Notes app, 20 times more rendering capacity.
Poco M2 customers also receive the June 2021 security patch with this MIUI 12.5 stable upgrade. Poco M2 MIUI 12.5 update: Below you can find the full changelog:
Poco M2 smartphone was launched on 8th September 2020. The phone comes with a 6.53-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080×2340 pixels. Poco M2 is powered by an octa-core MediaTek Helio G80 processor. It comes with 6GB of RAM. The Poco M2 runs Android 10 and is powered by a 5000mAh battery. The Poco M2 supports proprietary fast charging.
The Poco M2 on the rear packs a 13-megapixel primary camera; an 8-megapixel camera; a 5-megapixel camera, and a 2-megapixel camera. The rear camera setup has autofocus. It sports an 8-megapixel camera on the front for selfies.
The Poco M2 runs MIUI for Poco is based on Android 10 and packs 64GB of inbuilt storage that can be expanded via a microSD card with a dedicated slot. The Poco M2 is a dual-SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone that accepts Nano-SIM and Nano-SIM cards. It was launched in Brick Red, Pitch Black, and Slate Blue colors.
Connectivity options on the Poco M2 include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth v5.00, Infrared, USB Type-C, FM radio, 3G, and 4G. Sensors on the phone include an accelerometer, ambient light sensor, proximity sensor, and fingerprint sensor.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade
- New: Response to gestures is now instant
- Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to June 2021, Increased system security
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable
- Stable MIUI based on Android 11
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere
- All-new Notes.
As always, the update is rolling out in batches, meaning a limited number of users will receive it initially and a broader rollout will happen in a few days if no critical bugs are found.