As the current Redmi 9 update is a big one, it weights heavier than typical updates with the v 220.127.116.11.RJCMIXM software. It’s a solid worldwide update and it will reach every phone in just a few days, already in a rolling phase. Xiaomi is also upgrading to July 2021 with the monthly security patch. Not only this, but it also provides the smartphone with other essential functions.
Android 11 Redmi 9 upgrade comes with such features as enhanced gesture response, 20 times quicker rendering, location information, and other capabilities accessible in Xiaomi’s cloud app. It also modifies the Notes app, such as new doodle and design tools, dynamic layouts, shortcuts for gestures, and more. Clearly, the fundamental Android 11 features may also be used by consumers. Here is a full changelog that may be checked before your device is updated.
MIUI 12.5 Update for Redmi 9 – Changelog
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- Updated Android Security Patch to July 2021. Increased system security.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- All-new Notes.
The update may take some time to reach every device. I suggest you check software updates once in the Settings app. When we don’t get the update notification and, in that case, you can check it manually by going to Settings > About Phone > MIUI Update.