The Redmi K20 Pro is the latest Xiaomi device to receive the MIUI 12.5 stable update based on Android 11. Xiaomi’s actual MIUI update schedule is a little behind. Many Xiaomi devices are still awaiting the Android 11 and MIUI 12.5 updates. However, the Redmi K20 Pro is no longer on the waiting list, as the latest MIUI 12.5 update is now available. Learn more about the MIUI 12.5 update for the Redmi K20 Pro.
About The Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro
A 48-megapixel primary sensor, a 13-megapixel ultra-wide-angle sensor, and an 8-megapixel telephoto sensor are housed in a triple camera setup on the back. It has a pop-up selfie camera with a resolution of 20 megapixels. During the day, these cameras take good photos, and we liked the smartphone’s macro performance. The portraits were excellent, and the phone handled edge detection admirably.
The Redmi K20 Pro is powered by MIUI 10, which is built on top of Android 9 Pie. The UI has some useful features, but it is constantly bombarded with spammy notifications. The Redmi K20 Pro has a 4,000mAh battery that lasts for more than a day and a half. It performed admirably in our HD video loop test, and we were able to extend our usage beyond a day.
Redmi K20 Pro MIUI 12.5 Update Changelog
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- Updated Android Security Patch to June 2021.
- Increased System Security.
- Stable MIUI based on Android 11
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- All-new Notes.
- New: Location info can be now reported automatically before the device is powered off
Status bar, Notification shade
- Fix: Lock screen notification animations froze after the device was unlocked using face data
- Fix: Notifications flashed in some cases
- Fix: Floating notifications weren’t displayed correctly in landscape mode
- Fix: Notification badges weren’t updated for incoming notifications on a locked device
How To Download Redmi K20 Pro MIUI 12.5 Stable Update
The update is currently only available to Mi Pilot Testers. And, if all goes well, the same build will be pushed to everyone. Thank you to @Ankit for mentioning the update on Twitter. If you are using a beta version, you can easily update to the latest version by going to Settings. Users who have the public stable update will have to wait a little longer for the update. Fortunately, the Redmi K20 Pro MIUI 12.5 update file is available for anyone to use in order to update their phone. You can get it by clicking on the link provided.
- Download MIUI 12.5 for Redmi K20 Pro [Recovery ROM]
Before upgrading your smartphone, I recommend you take a full backup, before diving into the process and charge your device to at least 60%.
To sideload the recovery ROM package (Update file), you need to head over to the system settings > updates, then select the update package manually. Then, allow the prompts to install the build. If this doesn’t work then use the update using the zip option from Recovery mode. This may not work if your phone is on a stable build. And in that case, you need to use a custom recovery like TWRP, OrangeFox.
Once the installation process is completed, reboot your Redmi K20 Pro before start using it. That’s it.