Among the recent news introduced by Xiaomi in MIUI, we discover an opportunity to increase RAM, a very helpful functionality that will certainly improve the flow and performance of specific mobile devices before and after.
This enables us to virtually produce a 7GB of RAM if, for example, we have a Redmi Note 10 with 4GB of RAM, therefore boosting fluidity and performance in some areas
While RAM expansion proved at first to be only accessible for select high-end handsets, Xiaomi has recently started to deploy this capability on a wider range of devices.
The following device may extend its RAM via software
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 4
- Xiaomi Mi 11, Mi 11 Pro, Mi 11 Ultra, Mi 11X, Mi 11X Pro, Mi 11i
- Xiaomi Mi 10, Mi 10 Pro, Mi 10 Ultra, Mi 10 Lite Zoom, Mi 10T, Mi 10T Pro, Mi 10T Lite, Mi 10S
- Redmi K40, K40 Pro, K40 Pro +, K40 Gaming Edition
- Redmi K30, K40 Ultra, K30i, K30 Pro, K30 Pro Zoom Edition, K30S Ultra
- Redmi Note 10 5G, Redmi Note 10 Pro, Redmi 10, Redmi 10X, Redmi 10X pro
- Redmi Note 9, Redmi Note 9T, Redmi 9T
- Redmi Note 8
- POCO F3, POCO F3 GT, POCO F2 Pro, POCO X3 GT, POCO M3
- Xiaomi Pad 5, Xiaomi Pad 5, Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro 5G
As we can see, the list becomes more wide-ranging, encompassing devices of every category, including Redmi Note 8 or Redmi Note 10. A feature as we mentioned that is a thing of the past and then that allows us to give it a second opportunity through system fluidity and performance.