The vanilla Redmi Note 7 was updated in India only a few days ago. The Redmi Note 7 Pro has now been updated. Yes, the wait has now ended, in India the Redmi Note 7 Pro owners can upgrade to MIUI 12.5. A huge list of new features, enhancements and repairs is available with the current version. Each update for Redmi Note 7 Pro MIUI 12.5 can be checked here.
Redmi Note 7 Pro has been included to the newest firmware with the version number 22.214.171.124.QFHINXM. As we know, the non-pro version has been updated with the Android 10 (Q), the Pro version is unchanged. The over-the-air patch weights 641 MB to be downloaded; for Redmi Note 7 Pro users, the update is already available. Some customers who reported receiving the update on their phones shared the revised screenshot with a Twitter user (@TechnoAnkit1), who highlighted the changes and features.
Redmi Note 7 Pro Specs
The Redmi Note 7 Pro is one of the most feature-packed phones in its price bracket, bringing a premium design, capable octa-core processor, 48-megapixel camera, and fast charging support to the table. The phone packs a 6.3-inch full-HD+ (1080×2340 pixels) LTPS In-Cell display protected by a layer of Gorilla Glass 5. Content on the display looks sharp with crisp colors, but at the same time, it is also quite reflective.
The phone is powered by the Snapdragon 675 processor ticking alongside up to 6GB of RAM. Be it heavy multitasking or games like PUBG Mobile and Asphalt 9, the phone barely struggles at all. The Redmi Note 7 Pro runs MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie, and even though it is rich in features, you will also have to see pesky ads.
The phone’s 48-megapixel main camera captures beautiful images with ample detail, high dynamic range, and good vibrancy. The night mode also performs well, while selfies captured by the 32-megapixel front camera also look sharp with natural colors and edge detection in bokeh mode. The 4,000mAh battery ensures that the Redmi Note 7 Pro easily sails past a full day of usage, while support for Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 4.0 fast charging technology helps to quickly top up the battery.
If you discuss the features, Xiaomi delivers a monthly August 2021 security patch, system stability and a bunch of other features on the new version. These features are the enhanced gesture responsiveness, 20 times quicker rendering and improved system performance. Notes app also provides new doodling and drawing tools, dynamic designs, and gesture shortcuts. The full changelog is here.
MIUI 12.5 Update for Redmi Note 7 Pro – Changelog
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- Optimization: Noise could be heard when the screen was turned off in some cases
- Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to August 2021. Increased system security.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- All-new Notes.
Xiaomi started distributing the Redmi Note 7 Pro devices in India with the build MIUI 12.5. The update rolls out step by step, may take a little longer to reach each unit, so you will get the OTA fairly quickly if you don’t have it yet. So far, software upgrades may be checked once.
You must backup all of your data and load your device to at least 50 percent before you upgrade your smartphone.