Xiaomi has published Android 11 and MIUI 12.5 for a number of Xiaomi phones in the previous several months. And this month the OEM did the same. Redmi 9 Prime is Android’s newest 11 based stable beta-update MIUI 12.5 phone. The update was already obtained by other Redmi 9 series phones and now is the time for the Redmi 9 Premium. Please read more about the newest update for Redmi 9 Prime Android 11.
Redmi 9 Prime is a phone that came out about a year ago in 2020. The update for Android 10 based MIUI 11 has been published. And then MIUI 12 was sent to the smartphone, but Android 10 was based as well. Now Redmi 9 Prime Users are going to get the update of Android 11 shortly since Stable beta is released for beta testers.
The Redmi 9 Prime Android 11 comes with the V184.108.40.206.RJCINXM build number in India. This is an important update for the device. Experience something interesting. More than incremental updates are also available.
In terms of improvements, the Redmi 9 Prime Android 11 upgrade includes a security patch in August 2021, smooth gestures, better read/write speed and more. See the entire changelog.
Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime Specs
Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime smartphone was launched on 4th August 2020. The phone comes with a 6.53-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080×2340 pixels at a pixel density of 394 pixels per inch (ppi) and an aspect ratio of 19.5:9. Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime is powered by a 2GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio G80 processor. It comes with 4GB of RAM. The Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime runs Android 10 and is powered by a 5020mAh non-removable battery.
As far as the cameras are concerned, the Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime on the rear packs a 13-megapixel primary camera with an f/2.2 aperture; an 8-megapixel camera with an f/2.2 aperture; a 5-megapixel camera with an f/2.4 aperture, and a 2-megapixel camera. It sports an 8-megapixel camera on the front for selfies with an f/2.0 aperture.
The Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime runs MIUI 11 is based on Android 10 and packs 64GB of inbuilt storage that can be expanded via microSD card (up to 512GB) with a dedicated slot. The Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime is a dual-SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone that accepts Nano-SIM and Nano-SIM cards. The Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime measures 163.32 x 77.01 x 9.10mm (height x width x thickness) and weighs 198.00 grams. It was launched in Space Blue, Mint Green, Matte Black, and Sunrise Flare colours.
Redmi 9 Prime Android 11 Changelog
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- Updated Android Security Patch to August 2021. Increased system security.
- Stable MIUI based on Android 11
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- All-new Notes.
Android 11 based MIUI 12.5 for Redmi 9 Prime
The update is marked with Stable Beta, which implies that beta testers are first available and the same update is released to the public if everything is correct. Numbers of buildings might vary, but modifications will be identical. In addition, the update to Redmi 9 MIUI 12.5 will be released in India, but other areas will join the party shortly. So if you are a beta tester in India for Redmi 9, wait for your update shortly. You may check it manually by heading to Settings > Software update, if an update notice is not received.